As a principal and owner of Marasco & Associates, Inc., Mr. Marasco is a registered architect that specializes in healthcare architecture. He is currently licensed to practice architecture in 48 states. He is a nationally known lecturer on the design and development of medical facilities. Mr. Marasco coordinates the business practice of Marasco & Associates, Inc. and is personally involved in every project done within the firm.
Professional Affiliations/ Acknowledgements
- Development of Feasibility Analysis, including Surgical Analysis and Facility Analysis for medical facilities.
- Programming of complete architectural projects.
- Extensive experience in the organization and development of multi-suite, multi-tenant projects, including organizational analysis and site selection.
- Expert in the flow and function of medical facilities.
- Experienced in market analysis, operating costs, construction estimates, ownership vehicles and financial parameters for building projects.
- Maintains and coordinates efforts of consultants.
- Registered Architect, 48 States.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- American Institute of Architects, Academy of Architecture for Health (AAH)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- 2005 Advisory Board Member – Today’s SurgiCenter Magazine (now SurgiStrategies)
- Recipient of the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Achievement Award, 2009
- Member of The Center for Health Design (CHD)
- Member of American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Member of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- Member of Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgery Society (OOSS)
- Member of Physician Hospital Association (PHA)
- Member of Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA)
- Member of Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
- Bachelor of Architecture, University of Arizona
- Attends in excess of 24 hours of CE training courses per year, emphasizing the following:
- New Product Specifications and construction techniques.
- Healthcare specific product specifications
- Evidence Based Design Principals
- Sustainable Design Principals including the new Credential Maintenance Program requirements for LEED Certification.
- Ophthalmic and ASC industry meetings to identify the latest healthcare specialty needs and requirements, including AAO, ASCRS, OOSS, ASCA, MGMA.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Association
- American Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers (AAASC)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators (ASOE)
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- American Surgical Hospital Association (ASHA)
- ASC Communications
- BONES – National Society of Orthopaedic Administrators (BONES)
- Endoscopic Ambulatory Surgery Conference
- Foundation for Ambulatory Surgery in America (FASA)
- Ohio Ophthalmic Society
- OR Business Management
- Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgery Society
- Outpatient Surgery Centers
- Pan-American Association of Ophthalmology
- Physician Hospital Association (PHA)
- The Royal Hawaiian Eye Meeting
- Today’s SurgiCenter Annual ASC Conference
- Western Orthopedic Society
- World Research Group
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Clinics of North America, Ambulatory Endoscopy Centers,
published April, 2002
- The ABC’s of ASC’s, ASOA / ASCRS, published July, 2004
- Ambulatory Endoscopy Centers: A Primer, published 2002, 2006 and 2009
- Medical Economics
- AAASC Newsletter (Monitor)
- Administrative Eye Care
- OR Today Magazine
- Optometry Magazine
- The Ambulatory Surgery & Outpatient Services Manual
- SurgiStrageies (previously Today’s SurgiCenter Magazine)
- Outpatient Surgery Magazine
- John Marasco has been employed with Marasco since 1993. He has been a Principal and Owner since 1995.